Smart Ways To Save Money :-
- Maintain recommended tyre pressure (check once in a month).
- Avoid idling at red lights. Switch off engine if the stop time is for longer period.
Shift to 5th gear as soon as possible. Typical speed for gear shifting with AC off are:
- 1st to 2nd — 1o kms/hr.
- 2nd to 3rd — 20-25 kms/hr.
- 3rd to 4th — 30-35 kms/hr.
- 4th to 5th — 40-45 kms/hr.
- Drive at steady speeds between 50-60 kmph.
- While breaking, coast down to a lower speed in gear with your foot off the accelerator, and then shift the gear to neutral.
- With A/C on, after cabin temperature comes down, reduce blower speed to the 2nd level.
- When accelerating gradually, instead of flooring the peal in the same gear.
- Drive smoothly, Avoid sudden breaking and acceleration.
- Your car’s fuel efficiency improves after the run-in-period. It stabilizes after 3000 kms.
- Keep air filter clean.
- Remove foot from Clutch pedal after changing gears.
- Best way to calculate car’s mileage is by following the full tank to full tank method.
- Fill the tank full.
- run the car till the tank is 1/4th of its full capacity.
- Fill the tank full again in the same fuel filling station. Probably with the same fuel dispenser.
- Divides kms run/fuel filled.
- Data sheet for calculating fuel average mileage calculation (Full Tank to Full Tank Method).
Sl.no—-Date—-kms traveled-A-in kms—-Fuel Refilled-B-in lfs—-Mileage=A/B